[pct-l] How to Hike :Robert Reiss

Robert,
Good questions buddy! I'll try to dredge my memory from a 1984 thru hike
for you:

1) I used a small Swiss Army knife with only a scissors and a knife. I used
the scissors much more than the knife for things like cutting molefoam for
blisters.

2) We used butane lighters. No problem

3) First aid kit? Carried one for 3 months then ditched it. I can't believe
Jardines list of medicines he carries . One hiker in a thousand might need
those items. On future hikes I'll take Dr. Scholl's molefoam and a few
aspirin for occasional headaches. That's it.

Good luck.

Stinky