[pct-l] Re: Duct Tape for Blisters

Julie wrote,
    "I've been reading your interesting posts on the PCT List & appreciate your advice/knowledge. I have a question, though. How do you get this duct tape off your foot without ripping off the top of the blister??"

It is best to apply a piece of tissue on the duct tape where it rests on the blister. That way the roof of the blister is protected. You can also cut a small piece of duct tape the size of the blister and apply it to the tape--this puts the smooth and slick side of the tape against the blister.

Then to remove the tape, gently work the tape off the foot, from all side up to the blister. You can also use a bit of baby oil to work into the skin and tape as you pull it off.

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
web site: http://www.footworkpub.com/feet/index.htm (check out the book here)