Maintenance

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul A Magnanti <pmags@juno.com>
:... to do with the PCT, Hiking, trail maintaining, Guinness
:(hey...Guinness is NEVER off topic)

Speaking of trail maintaining...

Has anyone done it? On the PCT?  I've been thinking about possibly
spending
a couple of weekends or maybe a week doing some trail maintenance work
with
a group somewhere, most likely either the PCT or the Colorado Trail.
Anyone
have any suggestions for connecting up with any trail maintenance groups
for
the PCT? Also would appreciate hearing stories about trail maintenance
you've done -- especially, how hard is it and how much flexibility is
there
for physical ... eh... deficiencies (I have arthritis in my foot --
sometimes it hardly bothers me, sometimes I can barely walk...).

the gentle-lady from New Mexico (hey, if Congress can be civil... maybe
we
should try their methods  ;-)  ),
Karen

Karen Elder, Albuquerque, NM, USA