[pct-l] Canyonland tent

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Shannon Bigelson <bigelson@aznet.net>.
* Please use <mailto:bigelson@aznet.net> to reply to the sender.

Hi my name is shannon and i'm responding to Ken's inquiry about the canyonland North Face tent.  I spoke with a NF rep today about the tent and here's some info.  The tents packed weight is 3lbs 14 oz.  He said the weight can easily be reduced by about 8 oz if you eliminate some stakes and the stuff sack.  it is supposively a pretty decent size for a one man tent.
Ken- i also live in san diego and am going to hopefully be meeting with the rep next week to check out the tent and probably borrow it.  If you are interested in checking it out - e-mail me before monday next week and we can try to meet.
bigelson@aznet.net