Re: [pct-l] ..Cholla Cactus

In a message dated 2/3/99 3:17:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, Slyinmd@aol.com
writes:

<< Sounds like a bad hair day!  >>

Trust me. A bad hair day is a piece of cake compared to a surprise encounter
with a 'jumping cholla.'

<< While I have your attention, what are the daylight hours in so. cal, say,
last week of April, 1st of May. >>

San Diego, CA:

For May 1: Sunrise @ 6:01 AM
	  		   Sunset  @ 7:31 PM

Check other dates, times, locations at

<A HREF="http://www.jabberwocky.com/townfinder.cgi?prog=%2fphoto%2fsuntimes%2e
cgi">Sunrise / Sunset</A>

<< Do birds chirp in the morning at this time?  Snakes rattle and roll? >>

Birds chirp, dogs bark, snakes are pretty quiet until they warm up.

Look for snakes lying in early morning patches of sunlight. They will be slow
to rattle (or even move) until they get warm. If you step on one, it MAY be
"warm enough to bite," so be aware.

By noon, they will probably rattle before they bite. You have to react within
the time difference (between 'rattle' and 'bite').

Good luck,
Charlie Jones
a.k.a. Charcholla