[pct-l] Thruhikers

I, for one, enjoy the perspective of the thruhikers [which I'm not]. My
view is that thruhikers contend that  thruhiking is a somewhat *DIFFERENT
experience from traditional backpacking, not necessarly better or more
enlightened.

In a couple of instances I've seen a thruhike described as a life changing
experience. In this case a person being exeuberant about the experience is
similer to a new Christian being "Born Again"--totally understandable. I,
for one, like to hear about life changing experiences -- of any sort.