Re: [pct-l] Non-Canine Buddy

Joanne wrote - -" I feel the same about dogs........if people and horses
have to be permitted, why not dogs.  Dogs do not read, they do not know
about Leave No Trace, in fact they leave a lot of trace around." - - Which
leads to the question of who taught the horses to read?
Seriously Joanne - Do we shit in the woods?  Do we pack it out?  Do we pack
out our used toilet paper?  Do we chase down every scrap of windblown freeze
dried food?  Do we leave our insect repellant, sun lotion, toothpaste and
soap at home?  Do we lick our plates clean?  Do we walk without sound?  Do
we never light a fire? Do we never pitch a tent?  Do we retrace ten miles
because we left something unimportant at our last campsite?  Do we never
walk on, or off, a trail? I recognize existing campsites by looking for
human,  not dog,  traces.  I think we humans, including you and I, leave a
lot of trace around.
As Pogo said - We have found the enemy and they is us.
Helen