[pct-l] Winter PCT Trips

Monday I,m going on my first snowshoe trip for the year! White Pass PCT north
to Sand Lake Shelter. It,s only 3 and one half miles with a nice little
shelter to camp in. From there, you can make a base camp and keep on trucking.
Got a new stove to try out for the trip, Optimus 111 multifuel burner ( weighs
more than your Dad,s first car, but cooks and simmers better than your range
in the kitchen) 54oz.,good three to four man stove (WAS the top group stove of
the 60,s and early 70,s till unseated by MSR,s. Still, it,s a good stove and
will go on canoe and kayak trips this summer. Here in Washington, it,s been
raining all week with snow in the hills adding up fast. Getting cabin fever,
need to get OUT!  Anybody else put on the pounds over the winter or is it just
me?