Re: [pct-l] songs stuck in head

>I've found that the most effective way to get songs out
>of your head to to be sure to hum the "end" of them.  For example,
>with the jeopardy theme, be sure to include the two drum
>beats at the end... and you might even want to throw-in
>Alex Trebek saying, "ok, time's up...". Otherwise, you're
>screwed... it never ends.
>
>-Jonathan
>
>PS: Anyone know how YMCA ends?
>
>* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List |  http://www.backcountry.net   *
I believe YMCA simply fades out on the chorus, like a bad memory slowly
dulled by the passage of time. Closure for the cyclical-minded hiker? Only
if you can then mentally project through the fade-out and into the next
album track.

There's nothing like the freedom to think one's own thoughts while on
journey. Unfortunately, we also discover just how much junk is in storage
alongside the more noble ideas. I find the junk rears its head while working
hard on an uphill, when the mental state seems to "flatten out." Downhills
are when I'm able to get work done. :)

- Blister

"A man on foot...will see more, feel more, enjoy more
 in one mile than the motorized tourists can
 in a hundred miles." - Ed Abbey l