[pct-l] Re: alcohol stove

Jeff Jones asks:  << Will the wicking material hold leftover alcohol in the
stove or
do you have to make sure that the stove stays upright, or empty out the
leftover
fuel? >>

Jeff -- My version uses just two cans, an inner burner and a larger inverted
can which serves as the air jacket.  I've had a lot of inquiries, and have
just put out some more info to the list.  Hope this helps.  Drawings may
follow if I can make them clear enough to be useful.

The stove uses only about two tablespoons of alcohol to heat a pint of water
to a boil.  It would be difficult to put out.  Most of the fuel is held in the
wicking material and could not be poured out.  I just let the thing burn out.
Solves the problem of fuel or fumes in the food, pack, toothpaste, etc. ;-)