[pct-l] Whad you do??

I saw this question posted on another list and I found myself in the
same boat.
" What did you do about your job when you were faced with the reality
that you had made up your mind that you were going to hike the trail?"

I am in that boat now. I like my job, pay is good steady work but there
is absolutely no possibility of a 5 or 6 month leave of absence.
The trail is important enough to me to quit and worry about work 6
months down the road. Sad to say my wife doesnt share my views :(

Was the experience of the trail one that changed you life's plan??
What did any of you do, or have you had similar situations??
Any input is helpful.
 Thanx in advance,
  -Ballcap