Re: [pct-l] rumors?2

   Ronald, I'm sorry if you feel I've offended you in some way. You
didn't say specifically how, so I'm not sure what you're referring to - I
wish you'd taken it up with me privately, tho...
    None of my posts (or Jim's either) were about the confusion
thruhikers from out-of-state feel about getting permits for a PCT
thruhike, and I've no reason to contradict you on the subject. I was
under the impression that "What about permits?" was an oft-asked question
on this list and was always readily answered. You know how I feel about
being a Good Citizen <g>, so I won't need to tell you what you said about
folks'  hiking without the proper permit. (One permit for months' of good
hiking seems fair-enough to me.)
     As to "booting": I referred only to a fairly recent official policy
statement by our Administrator. Tossing anyone from the list for any
reason at all is never, ever, a position I've supported - when such
actions have come up, I think I've taken a strong stand in opposition, in
fact. I believe Jim supports the Administrator's view on removing
subscribers however, and I wanted to remind him that he might be risking
being hoisted by his own petard, so to speak....
     I suppose I have to resign myself to responding to these public
mailings until the proverbial cows come home, sigh. Unless the comments
go to private e-mail, hint, hint -?    bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]