Re: [pct-l] re: reading matter

Rebecca Williams wrote:

> Greg,
>
> your reading suggestions were nice and I might read some of those,
> however ... how about some female authors?
> Any suggestions, anyone?
>
> -Rebecca Williams

Maya Angelou, A God Who Looks Like Me by  Patricia Lynn Reilly,
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche (not a woman but
a marvelous book), Succulent Wild Women and The Bodacious Book of
Succulence by  Sark (these are read a paragraph a day kinds of things,
wonderful fun phrases and ideas for perusal while hiking), To The Summit
by Margo Chisholm (how could I resist :-) I've had a great deal of great
feedback from people who've read it so it isn't just my recommendation),
The Climb Of My Life by Laura Evans, No Mountain Too High: A Victory
Over Breast Cancer (the last two are two different versions of
Expedition Inspiration's climb of Aconcagua)

That's probably more than you wanted to know but some great ones for the
trail, IMHO.

Have loads of suggestions about mountaineering books which I think make
great reading for long trips. Ask if you're interested.

Namaste, m (PCTCoach)

--
Margo Chisholm
The Freedom Coach

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
-- e.e. Cummings