Cc:            "'pct-l@edina.hack.net'" <pct-l@edina.hack.net>
From:          Jeffrey Olson <jjolson@u.washington.edu>
Date:          Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:35:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject:       Re: [pct-l] reading matter

On one month long section hike I read half of War and Peace.  On another
month long hike I bought books at resorts.  Bad mistake.  I was hiking six
to eight hours a day and had lots of reading time.  I wanted small print,
and ended up with a biography of Jackie Onassis.

I also didn't want anything particularly challenging.  I thought enough as
it was while hiking...

Jeffrey Olson