[pct-l] Re: What about the tedium and boredom?

> From: Paul A Magnanti <pmags@juno.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] What about the tedium and boredom?

>     I imagine when you thru-hike the PCT (a journey I hope to make
> someday), you will find many things out about yourself.  Sure, you might
> be bored at times, and hiking every day does become tedious sometimes.
> But overall, you will do much thinking.
> You will think about things that have long been buried in your head, you
> will question what means the most to you, and you  will think about what
> food you crave the most (Hey..not all the thinking is serious!)

I remember singing that Village People song (you know the one)
everytime I was approaching a town, except that the letters were
replaced by AYCE (all you can eat).

I told two other thruhikers about this, and they hated me for it,
because they then started doing the same thing.

Mark