[pct-l] boredom

Hmmm, next time I will read all the way through the digest version before
sending off a note. There were more comments along this line that I hadn't
read yet, including Jim's insightful entries....
I just had to comment on the line of spending a lot of time alone with your
thoughts. There was a side effect of this that I ran into late on the trail
and after I finished; my thoughts while hiking were "non-linear" to say the
least, and conversations became very disjointed. It was also difficult for
me to follow along sometimes as my brain would be trying to jump ahead of
whatever discussion was taking place. The other thru-hikers seemed to
understand, but it sometimes took a real effort to chat with non-hikers...

Skeeter