Re: [pct-l] What about the tedium and boredom?

Joanne,

<< What do the people on the list do to cope with the tedium and boredom of so
many hours of walking? >>

Being a wildflower and nature lover, I while away my time by observing what's
around me. Even when it's not Spring of the year, it seems like there is
always something blooming. Learn the names of the more common wildflowers.
Then when you see them, its like seeing an old friend. They'll bring a smile
to your face that will make you forget the pain in your shoulder or on your
hip. Even when there appears to be nothing else out there, there is always a
lizard (or maybe a horned lizard) or two. Or, deer, or even tracks on the
trail ... wonder what that was?  Perhaps a tiny little mouse no bigger than
your thumb (right, NCW?).

To sum it all up, don't be a "destination hiker," ENJOY the trip.

Enjoy,
Charlie