[pct-l] ice ace

Ok, I finally have it together (as much as ever).
Mountain Gear Fall '98 catalog:

"Black Diamond Whippit Self-Arrest Upper shaft.

Adding 4.7 oz to the Flicklock Adjustable Probe Pole, the Whippit is sold
singly as an upper shaft assembly. The front teeth are sharp enough to bite
into hard snow during ascents, or the teeth can be removed for travel when
the added security isn't needed. The result of an ice axe and ski pole
molded together. #06113 $68.00"

Adjustable Probe Pole: adjusts from 95 cm to 150 cm, wt 21 oz. #06103
$89.95

I'm not aquainted enough with BD to know if they also have hiking poles, or
if the Self-Arrester will also fit them.
Mountain Gear is at www.mgear.com or 1-800-829-2009.

Skeeter