Re: [pct-l] room 4 everybody

In a message dated 1/25/99 3:03:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bjensen4@juno.com writes:

<< geritols vs whippersnappers >>

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference!  <g>

Sly, somewhere in the middle!

Cc:            "PCT LIst" <pct-l@backcountry.net>
From:          "Mike Kemner" <mkemner@go-concepts.com>
Date:          Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:48:29 -0500
Subject:       [pct-l] Re: MSR Water Filter:

Before my AT hike in 97 I bought a MSR filter from campmor.  The filter was
not suitable for a hike of anysort in my opinion.  In a trial hike to test
my gear out I mistaking didn't try the filter out at home.  It took my 45
mins to filter my 32 ounce nalgene bottle full.  Needless to say I tried to
return it, unfortunately campmor wouldn't take it back.  I bought a
replacement pur filter, a voyager I believe and it lasted the entire trail
with 2 cartridge refills.  Pur was kind enough to send them to me for free.
I would never recommend a msr water filter to anyone, I saw none of them
past half way point in my trip.

-Wings of desire