[pct-l] Alternative water purification update

	In a previous post I had mentioned that I'd heard about an
alternative for water purification that was tasteless and quick, and that
I was going to order some.
I did get in the order and tried it on some of the "spring" water in the
Santa Rita Mts here in Southern Arizona near where I live.  The product
is called Aerobic Oxygen and unlike iodine and chlorine or bleach where
people would worry about the effects of long term exposure, this stuff is
supposed to be healthy.  I never did get a disinfection time from the
company although they answered my other questions.  I waited about an
hour ( I was going to wait only 1/2 an hour but the time kinda got away
from me) and drank water that I had collected from tinadas  ( pools left
from storm runoff in intermittent creeks )  which are about 35 to 40 days
old as our last precipitation here in southern arizona was 49 days ago
today.  I also collected water from a 1/4 inch deep muddy running spring
through a tube and filtered through some cloth.  The water tasted ok all
things considered ( no chemical taste ) and I feel ok after a week but I
really need another 2 weeks to know that everything is kosher.   The big
downfall of this method and the reason I won't consider it for my PCT
ramble is the price/ volume consideration.  On questionable water the
company recommends 80 drops per quart of water which means about 25
gallons  (just an estimate it may no be even that much)  is all you'll be
able to purify with the 2 oz bottle that you've parted with 20 dollars
for.

			Namaste,
		                         Tim

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]