Re: [pct-l] The Iridium Phone

Mike-
400 grams for the iridium phone is nearly  a pound. I am an OFF [old fat
fart] and can't carry it. If/when my wife and I hike a "long-distance" we
would be supported by a team that would meet us wherever we go. I would use
the iridium phone to keep in touch with them.

When the phone drops to 200 grams I would carry one in case of an emergency
whenever I hiked.

They make very small computers {H-P for one} with e-mail capability. That
plus a standard cell-phone would allow you to post e-mail messages. Even in
the Sierra you can get a connection in some area [Mt. Whitney for one]