[pct-l] back on-line, and southbound hike

howdy folks!

back on-line after a few months off, been reading through the digests since
the begining of the year (gotta love the recurring horse thread).  nice to
'see' familiar faces and personalities.

the past few months have been great.  hiked 350 miles S on the AT in new
england from NH to NY, then went to the ALDHA gathering.  got back to
calif, then moved up to eureka on the humboldt coast.  i'm about 3 hrs
drive from either castella or seiad valley.  hope to do some trail
maintenace in the area, maybe even section O!  before i left the list last
fall, i know there were a couple listers in the humboldt area - you folks
still around?

the main thing is i've moved up my planned PCT hike by 1/2 a year, and my
partner, ellen, and i will now go southbound starting around july 1.  i see
lots of northbounders on the list - anyone else southbound this year?
could be the wrong year cos the snow in the cascades looks like the sierra
last year, but hey, i'll take what i can get.  a big thanks to mark dixon
for the snow pages.  and now i can start using craig's planning program for
real, not just day dreaming.  look forward to meeting all you northbounders
when we cross paths.

to take a slightly different twist to a recent thread, how many of the
water sources in the guide are truly year round?  what can we expect in the
fall, say novemberish, assuming we make it out of the sierra, both water
availability and temps?  the only consolation i have is that at least we'll
be fit and able to do 25-30 miles days by then.  all you so cal folks help
me out if you can.  oh, i see all these generous offers to get the
northbounders started - anyone down south want a couple hikers for
thanksgiving dinner?  :)

a big HI to sly and weathercarrot.  hey, wc, is sam-i-am still planning a
thru?

all for now, more questions to come, i'm sure...

mike
ke kaahawe, AT92  TYT94  PCT99
mhAT92@tidepool.com