[pct-l] Prison Trail Labor

Just an Idea, we have prison people help maintain trails in the capital state
forest here in Wash. The inmates can reduce the stay in prison for working on
trails. (only certain inmates can apply) With all the budget cuts, I would
like to see the park and forest service get involved with this to maintain PCT
and other trails that are being neglected because of budget problems. The
inmates are happy to get out plus can reduce there time and do something
positive. Mount Rainier Park has road problems with washouts which are not
being repaired, access is now getting to be a problem.(carbon river road
washed out and will all likelyhood stay that way)  Prices and fees have
rocketed with little money going to trail repairs and roads It now cost 30
dollars for 2 hikers to spent 1 night in the backcountry with permits. Soon
these parks will be country clubs for doctors and lawyers.It is the same in
the Olympics,10$ to get in, 10$ for for backcountry permit, plus 5$ per person
per night.