[pct-l] Harrison Maps

Tom Harrison, Cartographer, makes some nice maps that are mostly1:63,360  -
about the same scale and contours(80 feet interval) as the old 15 minute
maps ( same scale as those in the PCT guide).  I have used the Mammoth High
Country, Mono Divide High Country, Mt Whitney High Country, and Joshua Tree
NP Maps.  They seem to be fairly accurate, but may just be following the l5
minute maps forall I know.  I 've never used aGPS except in a plane so I
couldn"t tell how lat-long accurate they are.  I had no problem going
cross-country with them, where you are using visual cues.

There is a John Muir Trail Map-Pack at 1:63,360 (published in l994) costs
l6.95, which is "13 topographic maps, each 8 and1/2 by 11" covering about
one day of travel on the trail.  Contour interval 80' " I have not seen
these maps.  The other maps are shaded to give you some idea of topo
relief, and are coated with plastic to make them waterproof.  I don't know
if these are.

Tom Harrison 415-456-7940 or 1-800-265-9090
San Rafael CA 94901-4465