Re: [pct-l] Bear Boxes

> I'd
> like to hear from anyone who has stealth camped in those sections the
> last couple of years and what your bear experiences were.

I stealth camped the entire way last year from Tahoe to Yosemite, EXCEPT at
Cathedral Lakes, which is where we saw the only bear of the trip (aside from
the one in the front seat of the Toyota pick-up).  Even at Cathedral Lakes, we
semi-stelthed, as we didn't cook any food in camp and were about a few hundred
yards off the trail.  Bears bothered everyone around us, but not us.  Our food
was being utilized as a pillow.  The bear just wlked right by us as if we
were'nt even there.  I guess he figured that it would be easier to get the food
that was in the trees.  Who knows?

peace,
Dude