pct-l-digest V1 #656

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:03:54 -0800
From: Jeff Eckert <jeeter@cari.net>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Water Alerts

The stretch I haven't walked, and have a little more concern for is the bit
between Warner Springs and the Palms-Pines highway.  Unless we get some late winter rains, the only reliable water may be at Tule Springs.  I'm hoping to be able to walk the 37 miles on the weekend of February 20.  If I don't get scroged, I'll let you know what I find.

In '97 and '98, there was water in this stretch in early May at Agua Caliente Creek, Lost Valley Spring, Tule Spring, and Nance Canyon.  In '98, the Forest Service stashed water at Pines-to-Palms Hwy., but I'd go to the restaurant (1 mile west).