[pct-l] Maps

I recently bought 2 atlases that are great!
I've had a great time scoping out the first 200 miles
of the trail on these maps.
Delorme has topographic atlases (soft cover)
Southern California Atlas & Gazetteer™  $16.95
Northern California Atlas & Gazetteer™  $16.95

I haven't bought the Oregon & Washington ones yet.
Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer™ $16.95
Washington Atlas & Gazetteer™  $16.95
(Before I go out & buy the WA & OR can someone tell me, is
$68 alot to spend on good maps of the whole PCT?)
I think I'm going to use these as my maps along
with the PCT guide. B'c I agree ... I don't like the maps
in the PCT guide. They don't seem too user friendly.
I'm going to cut out all the pages that apply to the trail,
and put those in my resupply boxes.

(I just noticed you can buy it right off the web, but if you get
it from a bookstore you won't have to pay shipping & handling)
http://mapstore.delorme.com/
and look at their atlas & gazetteer series

Would US TOPO maps be cheaper?

Is anyone else going to use (or has anyone else ever used)
maps other than what's in the guide books?
If so, which ones?

Thanks,

-r
rebecca_pct@usa.net (incoming mail)