Re: [pct-l] Permits and bearbags

   Somebody else aswered the permit part of your query....
   Sure, you can "hold" your food in anything - it's where you _put_ it
that's important. I'm not being a wise-as*, honest. Bears 1) have an
extraordinary sense of smell, beyond what you/I can ever imagine 2)
habituated bears recognize such bags and other containers as possible
food-sources by sight 3)all bears are enormously curious, which is part
of their charm. They'll go to what seems like alot of trouble to us to
"check out" interesting (to them) unusual-to-their-habitat items like the
bags you describe....    bj

>Also, would a waterproof stuff bag, like the heavy-duty type used for
>cameras, etc., be OK for holding food or other things that smell good
>to bears?   Brian

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]