Re: [pct-l] Permits and bearbags

I have already put in for a JMT Permit. You can camp in the hiker campgrounds if
it is on a valid day listed on
your permit. Greg at the permit office says that they are somewhat lenient on
days on the permit. So if you get
there a day early and go to pick up your permit, they will include the day you
arrive on it also.
I will be leaving Yosemite on 6/27 or 6/28. Snow should be light, and bears
shouldn't be a problem, but I still plan
on taking a bear can with me. A16 will rent a bear can at a rate of $7.00 first
day $2 each day. So 20 days will run you
about $45.00.  That is about half the price of the can itself.

Dave