Re: [pct-l] Giardiasis, filtering water....and crypto too

Goforth brings up some good questions on this subject....it's been
mentioned here before that Flagyl can be way rougher on your system than G.
For water treatment I prefer to take advantage of the weight savings with
iodine tabs as well, but I hike mostly in the desert where ya want the pump
to get the scary-looking stuff out of still pools of water, so mostly I
pump......

On a related note, anyone on this list knowledgable about Cryptosporidium?

There's been differing info circulated on effective water treatment for
crypto.  I read somewhere that it cannot be filtered out on account of its
tiny size.  The scariest thing I read is that once contracted "it cannot be
treated."   :-0   Does this mean that it's impossible to eradicate from
your system, that one must learn to live with its debilitating
effects.....or merely that no practical, effective medication currently
exists to fight it, and that only the human body's imune mechanisms can
deal with it.....?
Just me wondering.

Kevin Corcoran