Re: [pct-l] About them Bears

Re: Sounds stoooopid to me.

Yep, but it happens all the time. A few years ago the USFS closed Rincon
Road, the main access to West Fork San Gabriel Canyon. A major area was
closed to picknickers overnight. [I wonder how many votes that cost] Why?
Some party trashed the place and the USFS didn't have the manpower to clean
it up.

IMHO the wilderness is for people to renew their souls. [I am speaking in
non-spiritual terms here] For the average backpacker, losing food to a bear
ruines the week vacation that they worked all year for.