Re: [pct-l] Giardiasis, filtering water

Most people who hike in Southern California boil or filter the water. It
can't be trusted. One friend of mine got sick because he washed his
cups/plates/silverwater in unfiltered water.

Does iodine work? Some say yes, some say no. I don't know.

A scout leader type I hiked with last year said that their was a 10% chance
of getting Guirdia from drinking from a stream.

I have a MSR. It is field cleanable -- a big deal on a thruhike.