Re: [pct-l] About them Bear Cans

>On the other hand, if it is a Black Bear, hanging your food won't do any
good.
>Mom sends the cubs up the tree to train them in the proper technique of
food
>retreival.

On the east coast, some black bears have figured out how to chew the rope
holding the food bag up in the tree.  But I haven't heard this one yet,
until now.  Out of common practice though, I normally hang my food at least
5 feet from the trunk, and at least 15 feet in the air.  If the cubs can
figure out how to get my treats still, they earned it.

I have also seen the technique of suspending the food bag between 2 trees,
but have not tried it as of yet.  I'll stick with those bear boxes where I
can.

-= s =-