[pct-l] the Whole Trail - and more

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:11:14 -0800 Brick Robbins <brick@fastpack.com>
writes:

>Birgitte Jensen,
>Out of idle curiosity, I was wondering how much of this section of the
>trail (from Campo to Kennedy meadows) you have actually hiked? Since
>most of this section is only traveled by thru-hikers (or section hikers)

>and you indicated you are not a thru hiker, I would figure you hadn't
seen
>that much of it.......

   ALL of it, Brick, over time, and often much more than once, for all
sorts of reasons (having a good time being paramount). There are dozens
of pleasant backpacks, dayhikes, carcamps, trail rides (not to mention
trail jogging, which should appeal to you) in/on those PCT sections!
   I agree with you that only somebody interested in knocking out the
entire PCT as a statistic would be likely to embrace some of the
least-interesting bits, but the entire trail below K. Mdws is not only
open to travellers of all persuasions, it's actually used by them!
    Did I "indicate" to you that I am not a thruhiker? No kidding! I
wouldn't define myself as one, since most of my time is spent otherwise,
but...  Guess it's pretty obvious that my outdoor activities include more
than distance-walking, but that only explains _over_-familiarity with
alot of the trail <g>, no?
     I dunno about your "idle curiosity" motive <g>, but be my friend
anyway: call me Birgitte - or Ms Jensen, if you prefer.        bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]