[pct-l] A question...

Hi,

I am new to this list, so don't mind me if I sound like an idiot. I will
be walking the PCT for 3 months in 2000, so needless to say, I've got a
coupla questions I hope some of you can help with. Two major ones.

1). Sleep. I can never seem to get a good night sleep when on trail. Any
suggestions or ideas. Perhaps I haven't enough experience? Maybe bag
sucks? I don't know. But any advice you can give would be greatly
appreciated.

2). Food. There has got to be an easier way than what I've been doing. I
tried Jardine's idea about corn pasta on my now defunct trek on the PCT
in 98. It sucked. Period. I though it would grow on me, but corn pasta
just plain sucks. This could be because I cannot cook it right or don't
put enough Tabasco sauce on it or whatever. (In case you haven't figured
it out, I am not the most experienced among you. :) Do any of you have
suggestions for food that you have found which works well and is
remotely appealing? Of course, I realize that this is a matter of taste,
so please don't point that out. Just give a suggestion or two.

I also have questions for anyone who has hiked the PCT beginning to end.
These, however, might take a bit to answer and may seem annoying to some
of you, so in the spirit of humility, if you don't mind answering a few
of my questions, drop me a line. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Tim Kearns
crastinus@mail.utexas.edu