Re: [pct-l] thruhikers Section A

In a message dated 1/13/99 8:06:39 PM EST, reynolds@ilan.com writes:

<< You know I will probably never walk this trail. It's not like I don't have
 the money and I can find the time. My wife might even do it. My son,
 however, is a freshman in high school and will need our support for several
 more years. By then I'll be a geritol. Sigh.

 Still I'm seriously considering loading up my Jimmy with water, candy bars
 and mac n' cheeze and working Section A and B. >>

I would be the last person to discourage a Trail Angel.  They can't be thanked
enough for their support, particularly in Sections A & B.  However, there are
quite a few hikers on the PCT every year -- including real thruhikers by any
definition -- who would qualify as geritols by most measures.  When you can
find the time, go for it!