Re: [pct-l] thruhikers Section A

In a message dated 1/13/99 7:02:20 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
reynolds@ilan.com writes:

<< Actually I was thinking of driving the 4 by 4. ((:  I kinda thought it
 might be neat for a couple of us to support the early May hikers. >>

In all seriousness,  the idea of "trail magic" is a  welcome thing to most
thru-hikers, but it really shouldn't be expected or warranted for that matter.
Most of us know what we are getting into, and plan for it.  I have never
passed a well wisher, that offered food, drink, or the most the meaningful
magic,  encouragement, a friendly chat and well wishes, without a sincere
thanks.

Sly

PS.  No driving up the trail  : )