Re: [pct-l] thruhikers-Section B

Charlie,

I agree that their are logistics problems on a supported resupply effort. I
don't think that they are insurmontable. I am working up from Canada and
Section A {previously posted} provides no real problems. The trail is
accessable from jeep roads the entire way. Section B looks a little
tougher. The *supply man* will have to drive long jeep roads before and
after Tule Springs to resupply on the trail, and would actually hike a bit
at Tunnel Springs and Cedar Springs, get private property permission at
Forbs Ranch. And HORRORS, the hiker would have to make a 1/2 mile detour to
Apache Springs in order to make it to Little Tahquez Valley and water [11
miles-this is the only place where even a slow hiker, like myself, would
need more than 4 quarts of water]

This supported approach is used by thru or long-distance bikers. They bike
while someone drives the van. It isn't clear who has more fun. For
backpackers -- we only wait on technology.