[pct-l] First call for tent evaluators

As previously announced, I have purchased a new Stephenson 2RS and a
Wanderlust Nomad Lite. The Stephenson will be in Southern California next
week. Do any of the locals want to show up and check this puppy out? [I
have lots of beer and wine left over from a new years party].

Unfortunately the Wanderlust has no delivery date yet. Obviously another
party (:

Data on the Stephenson 2 series tents:

1- The Stephenson 2X is a single wall tent with 42 square feet. It weighs
2.33 pounds. Cost: $460
2- The 2R model is a double wall tent and is rated at four season and is
truely a bombshelter. It is the same size but weighs 2.75 pounds. Cost:
$499.
3-The 2RS model adds very large windows that are suitable for cooling and
stargazing. On a PCT thruhike this tent will be a bombshelter in deepest
winter and an open airy mosqueto haven in the hot summer. Weight : 3
pounds, 1 ounce Cost: $543.

All these tents will fit two people [three in a pinch].
Delivery if you order now: A couple of weeks

Data on the Wanderlust lite
Single wall, 1 person plus gear. 24 square feet + 5 square feet vestibule.
Weight: 1.5 pounds [if you use hiking poles], 2 pounds if you use tent
poles Cost: $225 -245. I have not physically seen this tent but it looks
like an excellent rain shelter and mosquito haven.