[pct-l] feed/seed/LNT?

Monte Dodge writes:
>oatmeal either. My biggest problem is the weed seeds these horses
>bring in to alpine meadows in their dung.

   Monte, you'll be glad to hear that down here in the Sierra,
horsepeople are required (and do, honest) to pack in cubes, not loose
fodder, so we don't haven't had that seeding problem  for a long time.
(For the uninitiated: the processessing of extruded feeds destroys the
fertility of not only weed seeds but other feed grains like oats, barley,
corn, etc.) Responsible folk (riders and hikers alike) aren't supposed to
be mucking around alpine meadows in the first place, tsk tsk, according
to LNT. That's interesting that other area managements haven't found that
solution, wow!          bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]