Re: [pct-l] Casio GPS watch

I was pricing a similar Casio watch a few months ago...features included a
compass, barometer, and altimeter (no GPS).

What finally turned me off was when I was reading the instruction manual.  The
watch required you to take little precautions like...DON'T EXPOSE TO COLD
WEATHER...The "sensors" on the watch are extremely delicate and sensitive.

I concluded that the watch was little more than a toy for week-end warriors to
show-off to their friends.

In my opinion it is really cool that we can do all of this with technology.
But I think the technology is just to new, compact, unstable, and experimental
to be reliable.  If your life may depend on these tools...you will probably
want something more "heavy duty".

Toby Patke