[pct-l] Snow Map South of the Sierras

I recently found a way to see if there is snow in the Mountains south of
the Sierras - Lagunas, SanJacintos, etc.

On Mark dixons snow page :
              http://missoula.bigsky.net/mdixon/snow/pct/southern/snow.http

On the upper right hand there is a link to Snow Cover Maps - the CNRFC one
covers California and Nevada, the NWRFC covers Washington, Oregon and
Idaho, and the CBRFC covers the Colorado Basin.  These give two maps that
can be enlarged.  One map shows snow by elevation, and the other tells snow
by inches of Snow water equivalent.  Thus yesterday the map showed that the
snow stops at the southern end of the Sierras.  Here the snow line begans
at about 9,000 ft. on the West side of the sierras, and at about 10,000 ft.
on the east side.  At the south end there is 1-6" snow water at the higher
elevations.  There appears to be no snow whatever from the Sierras at 9,000
ft. to the Mexican border.  Hey all you southern Californians, did I get it
right? what are you seeing in the Mountains down there? If so May is going
to be dry.  April is not such a bad time to start.

Also there is a map on the 24-hr South Sierra Precip. map (upper left),
that gives you an idea of where all the sensors for most of the snow data
are in the S. Sierras.

Peace
Goforth