Re: [pct-l] Banning Horses? Nah!

Birgitte Jensen wrote:

> Can't count the # of "thruhikers" who've (privately, natch)
> mentioned to this reader using packers in their resupply plans. That's
> what packers do, mainly: schlep hiker's/fishermen's junk from a popular
> TH to an equally-popular lake or bearbox or something a couple hours in.

I know several hundred thruhikers - a lot of them PCT thruhikers - and I
don't know a single one who's used a horse packer for resupply.  That
would be contrary to the entire reason for thruhiking.  I think you
might want to apologize to a lot of thruhikers that you've insulted with
that statement.

Walk softly,
Jim