Re: [pct-l] home made alchohol stove

Margo Chisholm wrote:

> Hi all. I was chatting with Kurt Russell who makes the Nomad Lite
> yesterday and he told me about a website that describes how to make and
> use an alcohol stove using a couple of soda cans and some cotton. Sounds
> real interesting but he couldn't remember the URL. Does anyone know what
> it is? Would also love to hear about anyone's experience with it. Thanks
> in advance.

give this a try:

            http://www.uvol.com/scouts/stove/stoveUNPC.htm

This is the stove I use. The stove, pot rack, pot gripper, hunk of towel
matches and my spoon all fit inside a 1.5 qt aluminum saucepan (thrift store
special) with a lid.  Total weight is 9.5oz. I am essentially a water boiler
and cook-in-a-bagger.  It is slower than other stoves I've owned, but it suits
my purposes.  Fuel can be found at any pharmacy or any store which sells house
paint and home improvement supplies.