[pct-l] wind screens

> "Lucian Hicks" <lucian@sierranv.net> was quoted by Brick Robbins as writing:

> Some kind of windscreen is important. But I designed a nifty windscreen as
> follows: Fold two pieces of aluminum foil into rectangles approximately
> 2.25" by 1.75". Then curl one of the long ends of each piece into a little
> hook shape. You can then hang each of the pieces of foil over the exposed
> sides of the stove, thereby protecting the flame from any wind and also
> concentrating the heat. The two pieces of foil weigh nothing and take up no
> space because they can be stored inside the folded stove. An MSR foil-type
> will work too.

FWIW, I use a homemade alcohol stove (2 soda pop cans) with a 1 1/2 qt
pot.  I fashioned my windscreen from 2 more soda pop cans by removing the
top and bottom of each with a pair of scissors, and then slitting the resulting
cylinder lengthwise.  The natural curve of the can wall causes it to hug the
sides
of the pot, they are very light, and with a bit of trimming on the corners, they
too
nestle in my pot for packing.