Re: [pct-l] Re: TR answer, Tyvek, 1.3 oz nylon

In a message dated 1/4/99 7:18:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, kurt@inct.net
writes:

<< Joanne Lennox was asking about the suitability of Tyvek for long distance
hikes, durability wise, as a shelter. IMO, it will work, but the lightweight
nylon is a better choice. >>

FWIW

I have no personal experience with Tyvek, but I did see a Tyvek tarp discarded
along the PCT last year somewhere just north of Mojave. My question is, if
Tyvek is so good, why would a hiker have discarded it? I've never seen a
discarded nylon tarp/tent along any trail.

Charlie Jones