[pct-l] Sharing equip. w/partner

I'm interested in hearing from other PCT hikers who did a thru hike with a
partner they didn't know very well and what equipment they shared.  My hiking
partner and I are currently leaning toward sharing a stove and water filter.
We are more tentative about sharing a shelter (nice to save weight, but having
our own "space" may be important) and are curious mostly about the logistics
of sharing food.  We live on opposite coasts which makes planning food
likes/dislikes/quantities/etc. difficult.  Are there any other pairs out there
who have done this?  What works? What doesn't work?

Thanks!