[pct-l] Tents

<<Buy the best tent you can afford>>

That can be a lot of dollars. I sent Rebecca a 140 document discussion of
Bibler vs. Stephenson tents--probably the best two backpacking tents [I
didn't send it to the list because it is huge]. Both tents are great.
Unfortunately, both cost over $500 for a two man version and go up from
there.

Still I agree that a good tent is critical. It seems that most hikers,
faced with inclement weather, pack up and hike out to civilization. A good
tent allows you to ride out the storm.