[pct-l] Ruptured disk hiker

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Michael Prochaska <mprochaska@baughent.com>.
* Please use <mailto:mprochaska@baughent.com> to reply to the sender.

The other day, as I was reading through the e-mail list postings, I noticed in one of the discussions about sleeping pads that someone mentioned that they have a ruptured disk.

I am looking to talk to this particular person who preferred the closed cell pads over ThermaRest because of the spinal condition.  I'd like to know how long you've been hiking or long-distance hiking with a ruptured disk, what steps you talk in your daily routine to cope with the problems of a rup. disk, what symptoms you have from the disk, etc..  Basically, I thought I was the only hiker with such "serious" back problems, and want to talk to you about yours.  Thanks.