[pct-l] 3 things

1)
> As far as weight and cost go, Patagonia makes a goretex (actually, it's
> patagonia's version of goretex, but it's still pretty good)
        Ummmmm..... I worked for a Patagonia store over the summer, and I
just have to stand up for Patagonia because that company has done a lot of
research and I really do believe that they make stuff better than almost
everyone else.  Patagonia's water proof technology is WAY better then
Gore-Tex.  I don't know how they did it, but Gore-Tex has done an incredible
marketing job.  Anyway, Patagonia's waterproof, breathable technology is a
liquid that is actually pressed into the fabric as they make it.  Gore-Tex
is just a laminant and so it will delaminate after a couple of years, thus,
Patagonia's stuff will last much longer.  As far as shells go, I would
recommend the Super Pluma jacket.  It is pretty expensive, but it is the
lightest jacket Patagonia offers.  The Storm Cycle (that Yip talked about)
is made specifically for bicycling, but I guess it would work for hiking
too.  It is made out of the newest technology Patagonia has developed.  It
is both stretchy and waterproof and breathable.  They are adding this fabric
to the Stretch Triolet, which is another good shell.  Any of the shells are
nice, the only two I would stay away from are the Storm Jacket and the
Travel Guide, just because they are on the heavier end.
        I worked at Real Cheap Sports in Ventura CA which has since split
off as its own private company, but it still offers Patagonia gear at Outlet
prices.  It is not on the back of the catalog, but its number is (805)
648-3803.  Give em a call, they are really nice and very knowledgable.  I
gaurantee that they will give you sound advice, even if it is to buy a
jacket form another company.  Wow, I guess I kind of went off there, but I
had a lot of fun working for Real Cheap Sports and I was really impressed
with the product and with the other employees.
If anyone else has questions about Patagonia gear, let me know, I learned a
lot over the summer.

2)
PLEASE, does anyone have ideas of where to go for a week long hike at the
end of January along the PCT?  I got one response and would love some more
input.  Thanks.

3)
Have past throughhikers used an inflatable Therm-a-Rest or those styrofoam
ones?  The styrofoam ones just seem so bulky, but maybe it is worth it.  Any
feelings on the ones that fold up as compared to the ones that roll up?  It
seems that the ones that fold up would be a lot colder along the seems, but
that they would be less bulky.  I bought a Therm-a-rest, but I have already
punctured the hell out of it after I forged my own trail through some
Southern CA sage brush last summer.  I am afraid I will be patching that
thing every day on the PCT!

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
--Kristian